Watch Beth journey to the Polynesian island country of Tuvalu in search of signs that the sea is rising as a result of global warming, in "Tuvalu: That Sinking Feeling" (16 minutes), a piece she produced, shot, and edited for the PBS FRONTLINE/World Rough Cut series. You can post a comment online and join the ongoing international discussion ... just click the link above, then go to the "reaction" section.
• Fox & Branch: Produced (planned, shot, and edited) introductory and concert videos for Milwaukee-based children's folk-music duo for their website.
- Watch a short introduction to the band (3.5 minutes).
- Watch concert highlights from a family music festival
at Madison's Overture Center (9.5 minutes).
| • Harley-Davidson: Edited a video
blending archival and current footage, featured at the ground-breaking |
ceremony for Milwaukee's Harley-Davidson Museum.
The video played in a loop on multiple screens for the duration of the ceremony. Watch (7 minutes).
| • Kapco/Hometown Heroes: Produced promotional video of the 2013 Grand Slam Charity Jam,
a gala event that raised more than $100,000 to help launch Camp
Hometown Heroes, a new summer camp for children of fallen U.S.
• Kapco/Kids2Kids Christmas Toy Drive:
- Produced "Garrett's Gifts," a promotional video telling the true story of a boy who decided to give away his birthday presents to a Christmas toy drive.
• "Guitar Ground Rules"
Produced a series of online guitar lessons for Milwaukee musician Will Branch.
See Lesson 1 (the first of a many-part series for beginners to advanced players) here.
• Anne O'Connor: Produced a campaign video for Anne O'Connor's 2014 run for Whitefish Bay Village President.
• Richards School: Produced "A Better Backyard," a video of kids voicing their ideas on how to improve Richards Elementary School's backyard play area.
• Sierra Club:
- Produced promotional video of the group's community-building event in Madison, the
BIG (Building Involvement Globally) Climate Event 2013 (3 minutes).
- Shot video of pre-election “backward march” and edited footage for delivery to
a local TV station, securing the event news coverage.
• Grifols USA:
- Produced promotional video for a modular clean room system for
- Produced promotional/sales videos on Gri-fill, new pharmaceutical equipment to prevent
contamination of liquid medicines during compounding.
• American Recreational Products: Produced a video highlighting the past year's
media coverage, from press clips to the Tony Danza show.
• Maynard Institute: Produced, shot, and edited video for this nonprofit foundation in
Oakland, Calif., promoting diversity in journalism.
Do you wish you could still hear your grandfather's laugh? Your grandma's memories of her childhood? Your mom or dad's advice? Your aunt's funny stories? Or your great-uncle's recounting of your family ancestry, that nobody else can ever remember?
Don't delay. You can capture their voices, stories, and memories with a video biography. This beautiful, documentary-style keepsake will preserve your family stories, histories, voices, and memories for future generations.
|Sample video biography (first 8 minutes of a 1-hour piece, blending interview footage, family photos and music).|
| || |
Sample birthday tribute video (32 minutes, blending family photos, music, and voices of family and friends).
Produced with Fulbright sponsorship
ATLANTIS APPROACHING "gives our
planetary challenge a local focus and a human
face. Pollock and her team tell a story that is by turns thought-provoking, sad, and funny.
A major service.” — John Hart, environmental author
Watch a 16-minute version called "That Sinking Feeling" online on PBS's FRONTLINE/World "Rough Cut" series.
Student Academy Award: Documentary Category
This award-winning documentary offers a rare backstage glimpse into the world of opera training. At the country's top opera school (it's not where you might think), young singers prepare for one of the world’s riskiest careers.
Meet four young singers in their twenties—Evan, a young baritone trying not to be too much of an “opera geek,” Emilio, a tenor who loses his accompanist right before an important audition, Evelyn, a soprano trying to balance her love life with her love for singing, and Alphonso, a black baritone trying to make his mark in a white-dominated scene where looks count just as much as your voice.
Blending cinéma-vérité footage with interviews and a few frightening statistics,
INDIANA ARIA provides a rare look at the jealousies, the stress, the dreams, and the underlying passion that drives each of these young artists to devote their lives to this 400-year-old art form.
Winner of a Student Academy Award: Silver medal, Documentary Category.
"A charming film, recommended for music and performing-arts collections." — Library Journal
"An exceptional film." — Rich Miller, Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
• Sony PMW-EX1R and Canon XF100 HD video cameras
• Sennheiser shotgun and radio microphones
• Lowel three-point light kit: 2 omnis, 1 tota
• Lowel RifaLite 88 softbox kit
• Vinten Vision Blue VB-AP2M & Manfrotto 3130/3046 tripods
• AVID Media Composer 5.5 and FinalCut Pro 7 nonlinear editing software systems